Friday 12 August 2011

Think you can, think you can't; either way you'll be right.

Think you can, think you can't; either way you'll be right.  To make it work I have four forces which drive my life: compassion, an urge to survive, unconditional love, and self-belief. Each of them has some dear one associated with it.

First person is my grand-father. He has started his career as a primary school teacher and has retired as the principal of a post graduate college and also the vice-chancellor for sometime. Throughout his life he outlived an example of being compassionate, down-to-earth and realistic. His humbleness and simplicity has always motivated me to learn from him, to be like him. He was always encouraging and used to be very proud whenever I achieved something. Though he is not with me today; but the sight of his elated smile and overjoyed eyes reflecting a pure heart is still fresh in my memories.

Second person is my mother, she is the strength of my life. She has always instilled in me an urge to survive. She has never let me break-down in front of circumstances. I believe that I can never fail until my mother accepts that I am failed. Since childhood, I have a habit to share each and every incident of the day with her; and even today my day do not complete until I talk to her. So, next time when you see me talking over phone, don’t make wild guesses. J

And, now it’s time to make a confession that I am in love since childhood. The love is both sided, grows each day yet purely unconditional. I can not even imagine myself without him. The bonding can not be expressed in words. I just love everything about him. No more wild guesses my friends; He is my Pattu. A lovely parrot with full on attitude. I can spend a whole day talking to him and watching him playing. Be it my cell-phone, laptop, facebook account; his photos are everywhere.

The fourth force driving me is self-belief. I will win is my belief. I love and accept myself the way I am. I believe that a person can achieve everything; unless he comes out from his/her comfort zone. Life is not a fantasy and to deal with it we have to re-energise time to time. For me it’s a long list of hobbies ranging from Photography, cooking, crafts, reading, collecting coins, cosmetics and watches. The busier me is the happier me. I strive to be cheerful and presentable whatever the situation is. Because I know that Think you can, think you can't; either way you'll be right. I surely can. Why not…

No comments:

Post a Comment